What is CPT ?
CPT stands for Common Proficiency Test. It is an entrance test conducted on all India basis for the course of Chartered Accountancy and Company Secretary Course.
Who conducts CPT Examination ?
CPT is conducted by Institute of Chartered Accountants of India.
When CPT exams are conducted ?
CPT exams are conducted twice in a year. It is conducted in June and December.
What are the subjects of CPT ?
CPT tests proficiency of the student in following four subjects
- Fundamentals of Accounting (60 Marks)
- Mercantile Law (40 Marks)
- Mathematics & Statistics (50 Marks)
- Business Economics (50 Marks)
What is the paper pattern of CPT ?
What is the marking system of CPT ?
- Each correct answer in CPT carries 1 mark
- Each wrong answer in CPT carries (-) 0.25 mark
- Each question left out in CPT carries 0 mark
What is the passing criterion of CPT ?
To pass in CPT a student must fulfill both of the following two criterion,
- Overall Criterion: at least 50% marks in total
- Subject wise Criterion: at least 30% marks in each subject
When to register for CPT ? & when can I appear for CPT exam?
You can register for CPT immediately after clearing SSC exam. The only condition is that you can appear for CPT exam after completing atleast 3 months from the date of registration
Where to register for CPT ?
You can register for CPT at any of the following two addresses
Address of CA Institute Head Office
ICAI Bhavan, 27, Cuffe Parade, Colaba, Mumbai 400 005,
Bus No: 138 from Mumbai CST
Address of CA Institute Thane Branch
A-4, Second Floor, Laxmi Mahal, Above Amar Chemist, Near Hotel Parimala, LBS Marg, Charai Naka Signal, Thane (West)